At CareForce we acheive our Mission by recruiting, training, placing and supporting exceptional caregivers and related health care staff. We select professional caregivers with experience and qualifications that exceed licensing requirements and industry standards. We treat our caregivers with fairness and respect, provide them with industry leading pay and benefits, offer them continuous training, and support them with a team of Home Care Specialists and Registered Nurse supervisors 24 hours every day.
Embracing our mission, CareForce actively engages in our community conversation with educators and community leaders. This week Katheryn Howell; CareForce Executive Director was invited to participate in a panel discussion at Edmond’s Community College. Edmond’s Community College houses the new CATCH program. The intent of the discussion this week was to create a space for educators to ask employers; “What are your employment needs” and “What are industry trends that are affecting your recruitment”. CATCH stands for Creating Access to Careers in Healthcare. The CATCH program combines online learning with intensive hands on skills labs and clinical work experience at partner health care facilities to allow low-income students to get the training they need to move into better paying jobs on a flexible schedule, while they continue to work and support their families.
CATCH stands for Creating Access to Careers in Healthcare. CATCH works closely with faculty, community partners, and employers to create accessible work-ready health care certificate programs that:
- Minimize costs. CATCH covers an array of direct college costs totaling more than $7,000 per student.
- Save time. CATCH compresses existing, well-tested certificate programs so students get the skills they need to be job-ready in less time.
- Make learning flexible and in-home.Seeking to reduce commutes, childcare, parking and the array of barriers associated with getting from point A to point B, a significant percentage of CATCH content is taught using current technology and online learning know-how.
- Address individual needs. CATCH provides an array of intensive social and academic supports for students with little college experience to ensure academic and career success.
- Lead to career success.CATCH’s focus is on gaining the array of technical and workplace skills needed not only for immediate success on the job but for a life-long enriching career.
Through CATCH, students can count on gaining in-demand health care skills along with computer and information literacy, study skills, critical thinking, problem solving, financial literacy, and communications skills.
CATCH is a multi-year, multi-million dollar federally funded initiative that began in 2010. It’s managed by Edmonds Community College and boasts a rich local partnership including Business Access, a company that specializes in building in-home learning communities, Edmonds and Everett community colleges, regional health care employers, Snohomish County, and Washington State.