Articles of interest
The articles below provide more information on in home care and senior home care.
- Aging at Home: Helping Seniors Stay Put – NPR
“With baby boomers about to turn 65, homebuilders see a big market for a building concept called universal design. It means houses are designed so owners can stay as they grow old…”
- Long Distance Caregiving
Long-distance caregivers can be helpful no matter how far away they live. So Far Away: Twenty Questions and Answers About Long-Distance Caregiving focuses on some issues that are unique to long-distance caregiving. You will also find other information that is important to know whether you live next door or across the country. Developed by the National Institute on Aging (NIA), part of the National Institutes of Health, this booklet is a gateway to ideas and resources that can help make long-distance caregiving more manageable and satisfying.
- Losing Independence
New York Timesblog article discusses the issues between children and parents who are losing their independence.
- The Care Transitions Program
The Care Transitions Intervention by Eric A. Coleman, MD, MPH of the Care Transitions Program. Proven effective in reducing hospital readmissions by 50%.
- Fracture Risk Higher for Seniors with DiabetesBone weaknesses seen in those with blood sugar diseaseSource: HealthDay
- U.S. Seniors Getting Healthier, Especially When Wealthy and WhiteSource: HealthDay
- Managing Pain Can Be a Puzzle After Breast CancerWomen who take opioids are more likely to stop vital hormonal therapy, study findsSource: HealthDay
- Is Dementia Declining Among Older Americans?Rates have fallen among those 70 and older; gains against heart disease might explain trendSource: HealthDay
- Smoking Linked to Frailty in SeniorsBut study also found those who had quit didn't suffer same fateSource: HealthDay
- More Than Half of Americans Will Need Nursing Home CareMore short-term stays the biggest factor fueling the increaseSource: HealthDay
- Patients' Hearing Loss May Mean Poorer Medical CareMisunderstandings raise the risk for medical errors, study findsSource: HealthDay
- Do Fewer Nightly Dreams Mean Higher Dementia Risk in Seniors?For every 1 percent drop in sleep's REM phase, a 9 percent jump in odds for thinking, memory troubles, study foundSource: HealthDay
- Lower Blood Pressure Best for Seniors' MindsAnd study found that healthy reductions may benefit blacks even more than whitesSource: HealthDay
- 'Confusion' Complicates Hospitalization of ElderlyStays are often two weeks longer, British study saysSource: HealthDay
- Home-Based Palliative Care Gaining PopularityJoin or Renew with AARP today — Receive access to exclusive information, benefits …. Find more activities, recipes and games in the AARP Lifestyle Newsletter …
- Caregiver Resources: Caregiving, Benefits and InsuranceAARP Benefits QuickLINK: Find financial assistance programs that help save money on health care, medication, food, utilities and children's health costs.
- Caregiver Resources: Housing Options and Home CareYou are leaving AARP.org and going to the website of our trusted provider. The provider's terms, conditions and policies apply. Please return to AARP.org to …
- Caregiver Resources: Legal and Financial CaregivingAARP Logo. AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that helps people 50 and older improve the quality of their lives. About AARP · AARP Press Center …
- Acquiring Greater Sibling Caregiving Involvement – AARPOct 25, 2016 … With your parents and siblings, decide what's needed and plan who can take on what responsibilities.
- How to Prevent Caregiver Stress and BurnoutOct 25, 2016 … You are leaving AARP.org and going to the website of our trusted provider. The provider's terms, conditions and policies apply. Please return to …
- What Benefits Are Available to My Loved One Who is a Veteran?You are leaving AARP.org and going to the website of our trusted provider. The provider's terms, conditions and policies apply. Please return to AARP.org to …
- Caregivers Learning to Cope with Challenging Behavior – AARPEn español | You are not alone. Many other caregivers struggle with challenging behaviors. Find a support group in your community where you can meet other …
- Providing a Break for CaregiversAARP Logo. AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that helps people 50 and older improve the quality of their lives. About AARP · AARP Press Center …
- What is a Geriatric Care Manager?An initial consultation typically runs $175, and hourly fees average $74, according to a recent AARP survey. A well-trained care manager can help individuals …
Whats going on in home care? News and updates from Lynnwood to Seattle, and Bellevue to Everett
Sam Miller wins University of Washington School of Nursing Recognition Written by Cynthia Escalante Excellence in home care has always been the tag-line for CareForce, a
U.S. Representatives Chris Collins (R-NY-27), Janice Schakowsky (D-IL-9), Patrick Tiberi (R-OH-12) and Ron Kind (D-WI-3) have introduced the Home Health Care Planning Improvement Act of
Written by CareForce Staffer, Cynthia Escalante According to a recent study completed by the American Association of Retired Seniors (AARP) nine out of ten Senior Americans prefer
Long term care insurance is typically purchased by an individual in anticipation of needing help with their caregiving needs should injury or disability develop. Every
Veronica dG., Payroll and Billing Specialist, and Jessica R., RN Care Manager were awarded the coveted “Carry your Team Member on Your Shoulder Award” for